I love the look of photos stacked or photos cut up in pieces. It is sooo much easier to do it digitally than when you are doing a paper layout. All you have to do is:
1. On a new document, create a rectangle shape
2. Import a photo and “clip” it to the rectangle (CTRL+ALT+G)
3. now, select both rectangle and photo and duplicate them a couple of times.
4. select all the photos and link them together
5. now you can move the rectangles around, resize them, add shadow, change blending modes, etc for different effects.
Now, this is MY way of doing things (and I have been told I do things in complicated ways). If this is a bit hard to grasp, maybe the template can help (or make it worse LOL).
There are a couple of important things about this template:
- It is full of layers and might be really hard to get your head around it, so you need to be comfortable with layers in Photoshop to be able to use it.
- I decided to include a sample photo (so you know where to place your photo) and I have kept all the layer styles. So it is a huge download (over 50mb)
- I had to downsize the 12x12 page to 8X8 to keep the download under 100mb (yes, it was over 100mb at one point).
- I have included brief instructions in the download.
- I have only tested this template in Photoshop CS3.
Sounds nasty? Well, hey, I wanted to share, and I hope some people have fun using it :)