While I am not able to share my Easter project, I’ll show you something I did today. It is Canberra Day here, a holiday, and I had the perfect project for a lazy Monday holiday.
So, it is the first time I do one of those CD albums, I have read many tutorials but where were they when I needed? LOL I have a feeling I did things differently, so I am going to share and you let me know if there is an easier way to do things ok?’
First, I printed out my lovely pages (created from my quickpage album with Lili) on photographic paper sized A4. To get the 8X8 pages to the right CD size, I resized them to 60% of their original size inside a A4 sized document in Photoshop.
I cut my pages to size (real quick ~ with scissors, I didn’t have to worry too much about cutting straight yet). I lightly sanded my CDs with sanding paper (so the paper doesn't slip), I thought it would be easier to glue things together like that.
Then I coated one side of the CD with modge podge and I put that side on top of my cover. (for those who don’t know, modge podge is like glue)
With a craft knife I trimmed the excess paper off the sides (real easy because the CD acts as a stencil)
Modge podge the other side, glue to the first page. You may noticed it is easy to keep the pages facing the right direction when they are square :)
Repeat this for all your other pages. I had two going at a time to give some time for the modge podge to dry (or else the page might slip off the CD, and you don't want that to happen when you are cutting).
Ok, that was the easy part, now onto the hard part. I spent the whole afternoon yesterday looking for a crop a dile. I could NOT find one here in Canberra. Since I didn’t want to wait till whenever I can get one online (which I am doing tonight!!) I decided to go for the hand drill to make my holes. Gosh that was messy! I wrecked some of the holes a little because the cordless drill was loosing power, and I didn’t notice that was why it was all weird (well, weird, like, not making holes anymore LOL). Anyway, sorry I don’t have pictures, but it was impossible to drill and have my camera anywhere near ;)
So, here are the pages without the messy holes:
And the finished album:
Font for journaling is PookieDoo by Darcy Baldwin.
Hope you like it! Let me know if you have any questions, and if you do, please leave a way I can contact you :)